This is for all of you, even the group I won't be seeing on Friday.
READ AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE OF THE RESOURCES AVAILABLE ON #womenrep
MAKE EVERY EFFORT TO TWEET YOUR THOUGHTS ON THE REPRESENTATION OF WOMEN IN THE MEDIA IN GENERAL, OR ON A PARTICULAR TEXT OR ISSUE (eg. Anti-page 3 campaign, women in music videos, or even specific artists and how they are represented..)
Students from other centres, including A2 students, are taking part as well over the next few days so make sure you use the hashtag to catch what they say.
Search for #womenrep and save the search. Then go back for updates from time to time, share your thoughts, build on others' contributions.
You could always discuss Mulvey's and Berger's ideas, for example "To what extent do you think that their ideas still stand? How do you know?"
The more you engage, the more you will get out of it. Go back to the resources and read/watch something else everyday. 10 minutes well spent.
OTHER ON-GOING WORK:
- Berger sheet annotated a bit better. Take a pic and upload to your induction blog or write up your notes in a post.
- KEY VOCABULARY / TERMINOLOGY: Not everyone has completed this. PLEASE CATCH UP.
- All work on representation of women to be posted. Remember that this is evidence of your level of understanding/ attainment at this point in the course - Don't hesitate to go back and edit/improve your posts.
ALSO, PLEASE PUBLISH YOUR DRAFTS - THIS WAY, I CAN COMMENT / ADVISE.
I KNOW IT IS ON-GOING WORK.
- George and Leena, your videos on Basic camerawork ARE NOW ON YOUTUBE AND BELOW. SOME ERRORS HAVE OCCURRED WITH THE TITLES AT THE BEGINNING THOUGH. When you change the titles in Controls, make sure the playhead in Final Cut is where you need it to be.
YOU'LL NEED TO REVIEW THIS.
Embed into your Induction blog for now and comment on the mistakes.
- Take photos and short films to show off your understanding of camerawork and mise-en-scene.
Embed into blog regularly with a caption/quick comment on what you were trying to achieve + what you'd like to do better.
- Over on your Film Industry Blog, all your research should be completed and documentary uploaded.
- FINALLY, here's the recording of your discussion. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMBED INTO YOUR BLOG, ENGAGE, REFLECT AND COMMENT!
REMEMBER THAT WE WILL BE TESTING YOUR UNDERSTANDING OF KEY TERMS SOON.
WANT TO STRETCH YOUR KNOWLEDGE?
FANTASTIC RESOURCE FROM ANOTHER CENTRE: